A cookie is a small text file that is downloaded on to your computer, tablet, or smartphone when you visit a website and when you click or open certain emails. They are widely used to make websites function properly, as well as to provide business and marketing information. WHAT COOKIES DO WE USE?
Our website implements different types of cookies, including:
- First-party cookies:
cookies that we place on your device when you visit our site.
- Third-party cookies:
cookies that are set by a domain other than ours when you visit our site (e.g. by google.com). If, when you visit our site, another domain sets a cookie through our site, it is a third-party cookie.
- Persistent cookies:
cookies that remain on your computer or mobile device for the period specified in the cookie. They are activated each time you visit the website that created that particular cookie and may remain on your computer following the end of your browsing session.
- Session cookies:
cookies that are created temporarily. These allow us to link your actions during your browser session on our site. A browser session starts when you open the browser window and finishes when you close it. When you close the browser, all session cookies are deleted.The specific types of first- and third-party cookies include:
- Essential website cookies:
these are strictly necessary to provide you with services available through our websites.
- Performance and functionality cookies:
these are used to enhance the performance and functionality of our websites but are non-essential to their use. However, without these cookies, certain functionality may become unavailable.
- Analytics and customisation cookies:
these collect information that is used either in aggregate form to help us understand how our websites are being used, how effective our marketing campaigns are, or to help us customise our websites for you.
- Advertising cookies:
these are used to make advertising messages more relevant to you. They perform functions like preventing the same ad from continuously reappearing, ensuring that ads are properly displayed for advertisers, and in some cases, selecting advertisements that are based on your interests.
- Social networking cookies:
Cookies are used for technical reasons to enable the efficient working of our websites. For example, to:
- Balance website traffic to ensure our customers receive a consistent and reliable service
- Limit traffic to key parts of the websites, to maintain performance levels
- Manage the performance of the websites during high traffic periods EASE OF USE
Cookies are used to enhance the ease of use of our websites for customers. For example, to:
- Remember your language and country of choice, and presenting relevant content
- Personalise your experience so you receive content that is relevant to you
- A/B split testing, to test different designs before making them permanent for all users to optimise the design experience so you find our site easier to use
- Remember who you are when you come back to our websites TRACKING
Cookies are used to gather statistics on how visitors use our site. For example, to:
- Gather feedback through customer satisfaction surveys
- Gain insight into how visitors use our websites so that we can make improvements to their usability MARKETING & SEGMENTATION
Cookies are used to enable us to present appropriate messages to you. For example, to:
- Allow our site to serve up different versions of a page for marketing purposes.
- Display messages that offer a selection of articles or blog posts based on your viewing behavior on our websites.
- Understand our customer and members (including their online behavior) that then drives all kinds of data-led usage. This may include sharing and receiving cookies with third-parties from time to time. FIRST-PARTY COOKIES THAT WE CURRENTLY USEHUBSPOT
The third-party cookies that we use do not collect your name or address. For more information about the cookie provider and how they apply cookies, please visit their website, using the details shown below. The third-party cookies we use are as follows:GOOGLE ANALYTICS
These cookies are managed by Google Analytics and we use them to understand the number of website visits, how users find the website, and how they use the website.
- _ga (expires after 2 years)
- _gid (expires after 24 hours)
- _gat (expires after 2 years)GOOGLE ADS
Id (expires after 1 year)
- IDE (expires after 14 days)HOTJAR
(HOTJAR COOKIE DETAILS FOR THE TRACKING SCRIPT)
HotJar cookies are used to remember whether you have taken part in a survey or poll, and used to record user behavior to help improve our sites usability. To opt out of Hotjar, please go to the following link: HTTPS://WWW.HOTJAR.COM/OPT-OUT SESSION COOKIES THAT WE CURRENTLY USEFACEBOOK
The Facebook pixel is an analytics tool that helps measure the effectiveness of our advertising.
(LINKEDIN INSIGHTS TAG INFORMATION)
The LinkedIn Insight Tag is used to track conversions, retarget website visitors, and unlock additional insights about members interacting with our ads. HOW DO I CHANGE MY COOKIE SETTINGS?
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set, visit WWW.ABOUTCOOKIES.ORG
Find out how to manage cookies on popular browsers.
MICROSOFT INTERNET EXPLORER
To find information relating to other browsers, visit the browser developers' website.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit http://tools.google.comm/dlpage/gaoptout