HubSpot. What a journey. You’re either reading this because you’re curious about HubSpot or you’ve already signed up. HubSpot is an EPIC tool but only if used to its full potential. HubSpot is very expensive, so we’re to help you get the most out of it.
First, we’ll cover what HubSpot should be doing for your company.
Then we’ll cover what the most common mistake to using HubSpot is.
Finally, we’ll cover some recommended next steps to get the most out of what you’re paying.
So what can HubSpot do?
To begin, you need to look into what HubSpot is supposed to be doing for you. Here is the what from HubSpot themselves:
HubSpot is an all-in-one inbound marketing and sales platform that helps companies attract visitors, convert leads, and close customers.
That sounds nice, but how do they do this?
Because we’re a partner agency, we can see a list of the apps that HubSpot provides.
Below is a screenshot of a client. Most companies average around 10 apps used, so although our client is doing an epic job on 17, you can see they’re still missing out on a LOT of potential.
Here is the full list of apps HubSpot provides:
- Ads (requires an additional addon)
- Calls to Action
- Contacts Report
- Feedback (requires an additional addon)
- Knowledge (requires an additional addon)
- Landing Pages
- Log in CRM
- Page Performance
- Reporting Add-on (requires an additional addon)
- Social Inbox
- Social Monitoring
- Social Publishing
- Tickets (requires an additional addon)
- Website Pages
The biggest danger of HubSpot
So how can you get more results today?
For the first week get someone (or preferably a few people) in the company to spend an hour a day on HubSpot playing around with all the apps I mentioned above and testing them out.
Then spend the following Monday with the team brainstorming all the ways you can deploy HubSpot even further in the company. It’s important here to allocate tasks and homework.
Then start moving that hour a day towards generating content and setting things up!
Here’s a bare minimum we recommend but note that everyone’s human. This is what we shoot for, but sometimes even we miss these targets:
- Get everyone in the company to sit at least one HubSpot certification. Even if they don’t use the software, it will help get the whole company aligned and on board. Give a prize to the first employee to complete a course.
- Set up and optimize your contact page if you’re a professional service or your landing page if you’re a SaaS company or eCommerce.
- Make a company-wide initiative that at least one blog post must be published each week between the whole company (whattttt?! You’re crazy Steven).
- Set-up a lead flow! In 2 minutes you can be generating leads.
- Finally, and this is what we keep putting off, send an email a month to your database. People signed up for a reason so go out and add some value.
And as always, we’re here to help. Whether you just want a quick and free 15-minute coaching call, for us to take a look at your account and see how healthy it is, or for us to become an extension of your team, get in touch.
Call Ben on +64 21 1133 639 or get in touch here.